Presider: Bishop Emeritus Dimitrios
Couchell of Xanthos
Metropolis of Atlanta, Greek Orthodox Church of America
Host: Rev. Nicholas G. Louh, Protopresbyter,
St. John the Divine Greek Orthodox Church
Date: Tuesday evening, January 17, 2017, at 5:30 p.m.
Picture courtesy of the Communications Office,
Diocese of St. Augustine
- Fr. Alberto Esposito, VF, Pastor, Santa Maria del Mar Catholic Church, Flagler Beach; Dean, St. Augustine Deanery; Associate Diocesan Ecumenical Officer since 2013;
- Bishop Robert G. Schaefer, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, Florida and Bahamas Synod. Presider of the 3rd Ecumenical Vespers in January 2016.
- Bishop Felipe J. Estevez, Catholic Diocese of St. Augustine. He and then Chancellor, Fr. Michael Morgan, initiated the Ecumenical Vespers at the bishop level in April of 2013. Presider of the First Ecumenical Vespers in January 2014.
- Bishop Emeritus Demetrios Couchell of Xanthos, Greek Orthodox Church in America. Presider of the 4th Ecumenical Vespers, St. John the Divine Greek Orthodox Church, Jacksonville.
- Bishop Samuel Johnson Howard, Episcopal Diocese of Florida. Presider of the 2nd Ecumenical Vespers in January 2015.
- Stated Clerk Rev. Alexandra Hedrick, St. Augustine Presbytery, Presbyterian Church (USA). Presider of the 5th Ecumenical Vespers, January 2018 (exact date to be determined).
- Fr. John Tetlow, VF, Pastor, San Juan del Rio Parish, St. Johns, Dean, St. Johns Deanery. Fr. Nicholas Louh, Proistamenos, St. John the Divine Greek Orthodox Church, Jacksonville: Host of the 4th Ecumenical Vespers;
- Rev. Deacon Davis Williams, Chancellor and Diocesan Ecumenical Officer.
- Rev. Dr. Russell Meyer, Executive Director, Florida Council of Churches.
- Rev. Dr. Milton A. Magos, Protopresbyter, St. John the Divine Greek Orthodox Church, Jacksonville
- Rev. Deacon Athanasios Kartsonis, St. John the
Divine Greek Orthodox Church, Jacksonville
for the Lutheran-Catholic Common Commemoration of the
Reformation in 2017
From Conflict to Communion (click here to download full text in PDF format)
Study Guide: From Conflict to Communion (click here to download full text in PDF format)
Declaration on the Way: Church, Ministry and Eucharist,
jointly issued by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs
and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 2015